The enactment of the Public Procurement and Disposal Act in 2005 and the subsidiary Public Procurement and Disposal Regulations 2006 and the establishment of the Public Procurement Oversight Authority are part of the government’s efforts to reform public procurement in Kenya. The overall goal is to make the public procurement process more transparent to ensure accountability and to reduce wastage of public resources.
The new Public Procurement and Disposal Act and the Subsidiary Regulations require procuring entities to manage procurement records properly and effectively. Records must be recognized as a key resource for good management. Sound records management is a vital aspect of ensuring transparency and accountability in the public procurement process. Improvement of procurement record keeping practices will ensure the conduct of procurement transactions in an orderly, efficient and accountable manner.
Good record keeping practices reduce vulnerability to legal challenge or financial loss and promote efficiency in terms of human and space resources through greater co-ordination of the information use, maintenance and control.
A five days technical workshop on Procurement Records & Process Management for the Procurement Managers & Officers
- Public Records Management & Compliance
- Public Procurement Processes
- Procurement Records Management
- Procurement Records Management Procedures Manual
- Electronic Procurement (e-Tendering)
- Compliance and Understanding the PPRA Act
- Compliance & Understanding the Access to Information Act
- Bulk Scanning/Digitization of Procurement Records
- Procurement Records Disposition, Archiving and Storage
– October 12-16, 2020, Nakuru, KE
– November 16-20, 2020, Nakuru, KE
– December 14-18, 2020, Nairobi, KE
– February 8-12, 2021, Kisumu, KE
– April 12-16, 2021, Naivasha, KE
– June 14-18, 2021, Mombasa, KE
*Webinar Options Available for those who are looking to have it done virtually
Physical: Ksh. 59,790 per person, exclusive of Taxes, Accommodation, Transport
Virtual Option: Available option Ksh. 40,790 per person
To get an invite as well as register for either of the sessions, kindly use contacts below